This article is blunt. This article is hard-hitting. This article might make you scream. Or pout. Or cry. All at once. For oh-so-many reasons.
This article speaks directly to my soul.
Seriously, though, have you ever heard someone say stuff like…
- “Oh it’s easy for you, you’ve got a big platform!”
- “But you spent a lot of money, and I don’t have any.”
- “I’m not good with computers and I don’t know how to do all that stuff.”
- “You have a lot of friends who will promote for you.”
- “I’m a writer, not a book marketer.”
- “Readers aren’t smart enough to like my book.”
- “I’m doing everything right but my books aren’t selling!”
- “Giving my books away for free teaches readers not to buy.”
Or even said them yourself?
Well, I think Derek Murphy from Creativindie does a fantabulous job of addressing every single one in this article. The article that’s on a first-name basis with my soul now 😉
Definitely gave me a much-needed kick in the butt. Hope it’s just as helpful to you awesome possums!
P.S. Yes, the sausage shop example made me giggle. Like a dirty, naughty, highly inappropriate girl. I blame it on the whole smutty romance-lovin’ thing.